Finance / IT Manager - Benzie County
Finance / IT Manager
Benzie County (pop. 17,500) is located in beautiful Northwest Michigan, surrounded by pristine natural resources. Benzie County is nestled between Grand Traverse, Leelanau and Manistee Counties, along the shores of Lake Michigan.
The Finance / IT Manager position is a newly created position in the FY 18/19 budget. The position is appointed by the County Administrator and will work closely with the seven member Board of Commission and all departments within Benzie County.
The Finance/IT Manager will be responsible for ensuring that a system of accounting is installed and properly kept in all County functions as will providing support and direction to all departments regarding fiscal management and financial controls. Will be responsible for working with each department on the development of the FY budget. Will serve as the primary IT person in the County working directly with the selected IT vendor of record.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Five (5) years of progressively more responsible governmental accounting experience, which includes budgeting, auditing, payroll, accounts payable, benefits and general ledgers.
- Prior County or City financial management experience is highly valued.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting principles.
- Excellent computer and IT skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and review financial data, develop budgets and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Skilled in effectively communicating ideas and concepts orally and it writing, and in making public presentations.
Salary: $50-55,000 DOQ. Excellent fringe benefit package.
How to apply:
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to the Benzie County Administrator’s office, Benzie County Governmental Center, 448 Court Place, Beulah, MI 49617 no later than Monday March 23, 2018.
For more information about the Finance / IT Manager position or to receive a job description, please contact Benzie County Administrator Mitch Deisch at 231-882-0558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.