Risk Management Accountant - Ottawa County
Risk Management Accountant
Under supervision of the Fiscal Services Director, performs professional accounting and financial analysis functions for the Ottawa County Insurance Authority. Performs a variety of budget and grant accounting/auditing functions as assigned to ensure the fiscal integrity of the County and the efficient allocation and utilization of County financial resources.
This is a full-time, benefited position working at the Fillmore Complex in West Olive, MI.
The qualified candidate will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Thorough knowledge of statutory and other legally mandated standards governing public sector accounting and auditing practices and financial accountability, including GAAP and GASB.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting theory, principles and practices, including general ledger accounting.
- Thorough working knowledge of self-insurance principles and practices, along with strong working knowledge of insurance industries practices.
- Basic knowledge of actuarial principles and practices.
- Thorough working knowledge of the principles and practices of fund accounting.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills, along with good organizational skills.
- Computer literacy, including thorough working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, accounting and budget management applications software.
- Good interpersonal and human relations skills, along with the ability to interact positively and objectively with elected officials, Board members, department directors, managers, third-party administrators, commercial insurance providers, auditors, actuaries, and members of the general public from a wide range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and with varying levels of communications skills.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in accounting or closely related field combined with two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
$24.55 - $31.78/hr. (2018 Wage Scale)
Online application, with resume and cover letter, accepted at www.miottawa.org
Ottawa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer