Senior Process Analyst - City of Detroit
Senior Process Analyst
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
City of Detroit
JOB TITLE: Senior Process Analyst (Program Analyst III)
OFFICE: Office of the Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: Immediate Office of the Chief Financial Officer
SALARY: $32.29 - $40.11 / hour (40 hours / week is preferred but not required)
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) is seeking to fill multiple Senior Process Analyst positions within the Immediate Office of the Chief Financial Officer. The Senior Process Analyst is an intermediate level professional that receives close direction and supervision from the Director of Strategy. The Senior Process Analyst will develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that align to the major business lifecycles and other functions and activities throughout the OCFO. The key services provided include, but are not limited to: documenting and analyzing processes; drafting, editing, reviewing,
and indexing SOPs; working with subject matter experts across OCFO divisions; and communicating extensively and working collaboratively with staff in various OCFO divisions.
The OCFO divisions include:
• Immediate Office of the Chief Financial Officer
• Office of Budget
• Office of Contracting and Procurement
• Office of Departmental Financial Services
• Office of Development and Grants Management
• Office of Financial Planning and Analysis
• Office of the Assessor
• Office of the Controller
• Office of the Treasury
Major business lifecycles include:
• Procure to Pay
• Assess to Collect (Property Tax)
• Income Tax
• Other Revenue (Wagering Tax, Utility Users Tax, Departmental Revenues)
• Debt Management
• Grants Management
• Cash Management
• Record to Report
• Release to Upgrade (Oracle Cloud Financial Management System)
• OCFO Hire to Retire
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Illustrative)
The Senior Process Analyst performs a full range of functions including but not limited to:
• Researches existing SOPs and compiles similar SOPs from leading practice and similar-sized cities;
• Conducts interviews with OCFO staff to review, analyze, and document processes;
• Develops new and written SOPs using a standardized template provided by the Immediate Office of the Chief Financial Officer
• Conducts field observations to validate work processes and SOPs;
• Creates communication and training materials (ex: presentations, guides, summaries, graphics) that
help explain and educate various stakeholders (ex: OCFO staff, department directors, and citizens) on
OCFO policies and SOPs and assist in leading training / education sessions; and
• Supports website design efforts to publicize policies and SOPs, as well as other content.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with major course of work in business administration, public administration, public policy, economics, finance, accounting, urban studies, or a closely related field. A candidate with a background in project management, Lean or six-sigma process, continuous process improvement methods, or performance management is preferred.
Three (3) years of experience with work that includes some business or process improvement efforts. A Senior Process Analyst must have experience with developing process maps using Visio, experience using PowerPoint, excellent organization skills, the ability to effectively multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Senior Process Analyst Job Application” in the subject line.
• Cover letter stating why you believe you are a good candidate for this position; and
• Examples of work products you deem relevant to this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The Senior Process Analyst position an at-will, hourly, and temporary position. Benefits are not included. The position is expected to last approximately 6-12 months; however, a bulk of the work is scheduled to be completed within the first 3 months of the candidate’s start date. Candidates that are interested in performing this position on a part-time basis should apply and indicate that in their email application.
Please direct all questions on this position to email@example.com.