Finance Director - City of Pontiac
The Director of Finance shall have the overall supervisory and administrative responsibilities pertaining to the administration and implementation of the functions of the Finance Department.
The Finance Director will provide direct supervision for the following areas: City Treasurer and related sub-departments: Accounting, External Accounting Firms, Financial Analysts, Human Resources, Purchasing, and Income Tax. The Director of Finance also assists with the development of agency strategic planning and conducts planning activities within areas of responsibility.
REPORTING: The Finance Director reports directly to the Mayor and Deputy Mayor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Establishes, modifies, documents, and coordinates the implementation of all procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Analyzes financial information as well as other reports to summarize the current and projected company financial position.
- Effectively represents the department and the City in meetings with governmental agencies, contractors, vendors, and various business professionals, regulatory and legislative organizations.
- Ensures all divisions are meeting their respective functions and responsibilities towards maintaining appropriate financial stability in compliance with state and government regulations.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, public policy, business administration. CPA certification is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in accounting, budgeting, and finance of which two (2) years shall be in a public sector.
- Thorough working knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations governing areas of responsibility.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and contact information confidentially to:
Mr. Thomas J. Adams, President
T J A Staffing Services, Inc.
First National Building / Honigman
660 Woodward Avenue – Suite 2450
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 638-1396 Phone
(313) 638-2746 Fax
Equal Opportunity Employer