Introduction to Public Finance
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
12:30 - 4:30 pm
PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION IS NOW HELD ON A TUESDAY.
This half-day seminar is being held in conjuction with the 2019 MGFOA Spring Seminar. This session qualifies for 3 CPE Credits - 2 Accounting and 1 General.
- Register for this session using the registration button (when available).
- The MGFOA is offering its introductory training session to individuals who may be newly entering the world of public finance, perhaps as a newly hired staff member or an elected official.
- Veteran members of the MGFOA will give a primer on Budgeting, Fund Balance, Revenue Sources, Financial Reporting, Audits, Investments, Capital Planning and Debt Financing.
- The session is planned from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM on March 5, 2019 which is the afternoon prior to the MGFOA Spring Seminar. The session will take place at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center in East Lansing where the Spring Seminar will be hosted.
- Each participant will receive a comprehensive reference manual going into details on each topic and providing sample worksheets and policies.
|Introduction & Summary of Program||12:30 - 12:35pm|
|12:35 - 1:30pm|
|Break||1:30 - 1:45pm|
|Financial Reporting / Audit||1:45 - 2:45pm|
|Investments||2:45 - 3:15pm|
|Break||3:15 - 3:30pm|
|Capital Planning / Debt Financing||3:30 - 4:25pm|
|Questions & Wrap up||4:25 - 4:30pm|
No refunds will be made for cancellations received after February 19, 2019.