Public Works Asst, Hartland Twp.
Hartland Township is seeking a qualified professional with broad experience in administration and public works operations to fill the Public Works Assistant role. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of public works' issues and practices; possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; have a very strong attention to detail; possess the skills and abilities required to work with public officials, governmental agencies and community groups; demonstrate strong problem-solving capability; and, have prior experience in supervising employees.
The Public Works Assistant is part of a collaborative work team and provides general administrative support and program coordination to public works staff. Work is characterized by technical and specialized administrative support of various activities within the department.
Duties will include:
- administrative support to the department director
- assisting with departmental budget preparation and monitoring
- providing project management support
- acting as primary department contact for inquiries from the general public and township personnel
- assisting with scheduling of resources, data research, work order processing and departmental purchasing process
- compiling information for various reports, maintaining records, and assisting with special projects as assigned
Download: DPW Assistant Job Description 2018
If interested, send your RESUME by October 24, 2018 to Hartland Township, Attn: DPW, 2655 Clark Road, Hartland MI 48353 OR via email to DPW@hartlandtwp.com.