Senior Financial Analyst, City of Pontiac
The Senior Financial Analyst is an integral part of the City’s Executive Leadership team. An incumbent of this class is a professional leader who will effectively and actively participate in functions related to building financial statements, analyzing complex financial data, preparing advanced modes and financial broadcasts, and maintaining the City’s bond portfolio. The Senior Financial Analyst is a forward thinker who will have the opportunity to showcase their experience and skills to support the goals of the department, while actively participating in new initiatives to further enhance the accuracy and integrity of the City’s financial data.
REPORTING: The Senior Financial Analyst works under general supervision of the Finance Director.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Assists the Finance Director and Deputy Mayor in the budget process and puts together required tables and charts.
- Participates in preparation of the annual and quarter financial reports and reviews monthly revenues/expenditures and ensures that budgetary goals are met.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendation for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field (CPA license preferred)
- Three (3) years of experience in governmental accounting
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
Qualified Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and contact information confidentially to:
Thomas J. Adams
TJA Staffing Services, Inc.
660 Woodward Avenue – Suite 2450
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 638-1396 Phone
(313) 638-2746 Fax
Equal Opportunity Employer