Introduction to Public Finance
Thursday, March 30, 2017
12:30 - 4:30 pm
This half-day seminar is being held in conjuction with the 2016 MGFOA Spring Seminar. This session qualifies for 3 CPE Credits - 2 Accounting and 1 General.
- Register for this session using the registration button.
- The MGFOA is offering its newly developed introductory training session to individuals who may be newly entering the world of public finance, perhaps as a newly hired staff member or an elected official.
- Veteran members of the MGFOA will give a primer on Budgeting, Fund Balance, Revenue Sources, Financial Reporting, Audits, Investments, Capital Planning and Debt Financing.
- The session is planned from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM on March 30, 2017 which is the afternoon prior to the MGFOA/MMTA Spring Seminar. The session will take place at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center in East Lansing where the Spring Seminar will be hosted.
- Each participant will receive a comprehensive reference manual going into details on each topic and providing sample worksheets and policies.
- The MGFOA is subsidizing the cost of this new session so that the cost to each participant will be a modest $35.
|Introduction||12:30 - 12:35pm|
|12:35 - 1:45pm|
|Break||1:45 - 2:00pm|
|Financial Reporting / Audit||2:00 - 3:00pm|
|Investments||3:00 - 3:15pm|
|Break||3:15 - 3:30pm|
|Capital Planning / Debt Financing||3:30 - 4:25pm|
|Questions||4:25 - 4:30pm|
|Intro. to Public Finance|
No refunds will be made for cancellations received after March 17, 2017.
If you need overnight accommodations, reservations may be made online or by phone with the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center at 800-875-5090. The hotel has a block of rooms at a discounted rate of $75.00 plus $5/night hotel fee, which are available under the group code 1703MGFOA& until March 1, 2017.
Online Reservation Instructions:
1. Go to www.kelloggcenter.com
2. Click on the “Reservations” link at the top of the page
3. Select “Check availability and book now!” link
4. Enter arrival, departure, rooms, and number of adults/children
5. Select “Click Here for Special Rates” and enter the groupcode 1703MGFOA&
6. Click “Check Availability”
Phone Reservation Instructions:
1. Call 800-875-5090 and refer to the group code 1703MGFOA&
2. Monday-Friday 7:30am-7:00pm and Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm