Budget Analyst - City of Detroit
The Budget Analyst performs difficult technical and analytical work in the field of budget administration in the Budget Division of the Department of Management and Budget. Under the direction of the Budget Director and with latitude for independent action in carrying out assignments, the Budget Analyst monitors and evaluates the financial operations of departments with large, complex budgets.
Principal Duties and Responsiblities:
- Monitors and documents ongoing financial activities of assigned departments such as purchases, fund transfers,
- Prepares forecasts of departmental revenues and
- Evaluates departmental budget requests for suitability and consistency with County policy; makes recommendations to the Budget Director concerning budget
- Acts as an adviser to departmental officials; assists officials in preparing annual budget requests, makes recommendations on budget related
- Compiles data for technical reports and
- Evaluates and studies the functions, operations, and structure of assigned
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles of financial management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computerized accounting skills.
- Strong budget preparation skills.
- Working knowledge of legal and regulatory obligations.
- Good oral communications and human relations skills.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is a must.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work independently and guide oneself with little or no supervision.
Desired experience and training:
Training: Three (3) years of financial analysis, budgeting and fiscal planning experience, of which one (1) year must be in the preparation and development of government budgets.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economic, Business Administration, Finance, or a closely related field.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, candidates must be available to work mandatory overtime from approximately April through July, to compile and develop the Annual Budgets for all Departments assigned.
Work is performed in an office setting.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact:
Precious Walton HR Manager at 313 224-5381
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skill required of personnel so classified.