City Manager, Keego Harbor
The City of Keego Harbor, Michigan is seeking applicants for the position of city manager.
The City of Keego Harbor has a population of 3,000 residents and is located in suburban Oakland County. Keego Harbor is a lake community, including Cass Lake, the largest lake in Oakland County. The area is renowned for its water recreation resources. Under the direct supervision of the City Council the city manager provides leadership and oversight of all Keego Harbor municipal administration operations. The manager is responsible for the supervision of all departmental staff to ensure that laws and ordinances are followed and enforced.
The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, treasury and finance skills. The manager must be able to work collaboratively with the City Council, the City's leadership team, community stakeholders, and members of the municipal staff. The manager must establish and maintain a close working relationship with surrounding cities, villages and townships, as well as vendors that provide services to Keego Harbor.
The candidate should have documented municipal experience as well as a history of working in city finance and treasury roles. The City Council is seeking a manager that will encourage employee development and be willing and able to help train department heads and city staff. The manager must provide effective fiscal and budget oversight, strong organization and administrative oversight, and community development outreach. The candidate will be expected to:
- Create and manage the city budget
- Oversee city personnel
- Meet with various heads of departments to identify and resolve issues
- Make recommendations to the mayor and other city leaders on a variety of issues
- Attend all City Council meetings
- Ensure completion of reports and studies commissioned by elected officials
- Oversee important city services
- Work on important economic development projects
- Address questions from the public and media regarding city activities
(Note: The listing of duties in this job specification is representative, not exhaustive. It is not necessarily a detailed description of all work responsibilities and it does not give exclusive title to every function described.)
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in public administration, business, community planning or a closely related field.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of total municipal experience of which five years should include management/supervisory/treasury experience.
- Thorough knowledge of modern municipal principles, procedures, and techniques
- Preference given to those who have attended advanced leadership training programs and have BS&A local software management knowledge, as well as finance/treasury experience.
- Must maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must complete and submit a City of Keego Harbor background questionnaire and pass an extensive background investigation.
$ 60,000 to $ 85,000/year, total compensation, based upon experience
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume listing education, work experience, and salary expectations. Resumes will be accepted between September 27 and October 31, 2018 by 12:00 P.M.
All cover letters, resumes and salary requirements shall be emailed to Tom Ryan, Keego Harbor’s city attorney: firstname.lastname@example.org